Women’s Self-Defense Workshops – Levels I, II, and III
January and February 2019
- Level I – January 29, 2019, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, in Burlington, Vermont at the Miller Center Community Room
- Level II – February 5, 2019, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, in Burlington, Vermont at the Miller Center Community Room.
- Level III – February 12, 2019, ***RESCHEDULED FOR MARCH 7***
March and April 2019
- Level III – March 7, 2019, ***Rescheduled from February 12. *** 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, in Burlington, Vermont at the Miller Center Community Room.
- March 21, 2019 KW Realtors (Private)
- March 28, 2019 Twinfield Union School (Private)
- April 4, 2019 Camel’s Hump (Private)
- Level I – July 16, 2019, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, in Burlington, Vermont at the Miller Center Community Room
- Level II – July 23, 2019, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, in Burlington, Vermont at the Miller Center Community Room.
- Level III – July 30, 2019, 6:00pm to 8:30 pm, in Burlington, Vermont at the Miller Center Community Room.
The Burlington workshops are OPEN to the PUBLIC. Registration for the Workshops in Burlington is handled through the Burlington Parks, Recreation and Waterfront. Please click HERE to enroll. Level I is a prerequisite for Level II. Level II is a prerequisite for Level III. $Fee is $37/person for Burlington residents and $47/per for non-residents. All registrations are non-refundable and not transferable.
NOTE: Once registered for any of our public workshops, we will send you our pre-workshop email about 1 week prior to the event with details about the location of our trainings and the content of our programs. In the meantime, please feel free to contact Eileen at Eileen@TheSafetyTeam.org, if you need more information about registration and payment.
Not able to make a workshop? Please fill out the form HERE and we will let you know about our upcoming trainings for 2018. Thank you for your interest!
Level I Workshop: The 2.25-Hour Introductory Women’s Self-Defense Program
This beginner workshop focuses on recognizing pre-assault behavior, learning ways to deter or avoid an attack before it becomes physical, understanding how predators think and what they look for in their victims, enhancing decision-making around lifestyle choices that minimize vulnerability yet maintain personal freedoms, and finding the inner-strength to fight back.
Level II Workshop: The 2.25-Hour Intermediate Women’s Self-Defense Program
This intermediate workshop takes Level 1 another step further, allowing for a brief review, practice of acquired strikes, and instruction of additional basic self-defense techniques that deal with a variety of situations and potential attacks. The focus is on “hands-on” self-defense skills, techniques and strategies. Level I is a prerequisite for this workshop.
Level III: The 2.25-Hour Advanced Women’s Self-Defense Program
Level III reviews the strikes learned in Level I and Level II as well as the self-defense skills, techniques and strategies learned previously. In addition, students are given the opportunity to practice scenarios against members of The Safety Team or a padded male attacker, whichever may be more comfortable. All activities are at the discretion of the participant. Level I and II are prerequisites for this class.
Previous Level I, II and III Workshops have been held at Maple Street Park, UVM Medical Center, Move You Fitness Studio, Martial Way Self-Defense Center, Northeast Association of Realtors, Middlebury College, Norwich University, Champlain College, Saint Michael’s College, Burlington Parks and Recreation Department, Otter Creek Awnings, Visiting Nurse Association, and The Sports and Fitness Edge, to name a few.
Christine DiBlasio, Ph.D.
4th Degree Black Belt, Kempo-Jujitsu, Psychologist
Darcy Richardson-Miller, M.S.
2nd Degree Black Belt in Kempo-Jujitsu, Black Belt, Arnis, Forensic Toxicologist
Nancy Keller, M.Ed., C.A.S.
3rd Degree Black Belt, Kempo-Jujitsu, 2nd Degree Purple Belt, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Educator
1st Degree Black Belt, Kempo-Jujitsu, Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Forensic Chemist
2nd Degree Black Belt, Kempo-Jujitsu, Police Officer
Christina Allard, P.T.
Brown Belt in Kempo-Jujitsu, Physical Therapist
1st Degree Brown Belt in Kempo-Jujitsu, Community Outreach Specialist
Blue Belt in Kempo-Jujitsu, Computer Programmer